Our structural performance research team is leading the way in developing innovative structural systems and performance-based design solutions to expand the use of wood in residential and non-residential construction. We are committed to addressing building code barriers, developing solutions for demonstration projects, and contributing to the regulatory acceptance of advanced wood and wood-hybrid structural systems.
Our Standards Council of Canada accredited laboratories in Quebec City and Vancouver and the internationally renowned research team offer a wide range of services, including:
- Testing of lumber, timber, and various engineered wood products to determine their material properties
- Testing of the structural performance of connections, structural assemblies, and structural systems, to determine their performance under gravity, wind and seismic loading
- Analytical modeling of structural assemblies and systems and predicting their response under different loading conditions
- Developing performance-based solutions for innovative connections, assemblies, and advanced wood and wood-hybrid structural systems
- Contributing to the regulatory acceptance of advanced wood and wood-hybrid structural systems by providing technical data to support code change proposals, and participating in numerous code committees in North America, Europe and Asia
- Developing technical guides for innovative wood-based products and assemblies to support their acceptance in the construction industry
- Developing state-of-the art technical handbooks to aid expansion of existing and implementation of new structural systems in mid- and high-rise applications.
to find out how we can help you deliver a successful project.