FPInnovations’ Advanced Building Systems department is at the vanguard of research and development into fire performance of wood-based products and systems. Our research team provides innovative engineering solutions to expand the use of wood in fire-safe buildings, develop state-of-the-art fire resistance models, and facilitate the development of alternative solutions in objective-based and performance-based building codes. Our scientists are internationally recognized as leaders in their field who provide science-based knowledge and innovative solutions for expanding the use of fire-safe wood products and building systems.
In addition to research, we provide a wide range of services to assist manufacturers, architects, engineers, builders, and contractors, including:
- Development of fire-safe solutions
- Fire modeling
- Development of state-of-the-art fire resistance models
- Development of fire resistance calculations
- Technical support for the development and/or evaluation of alternative solutions for wood structures falling outside of the prescriptive requirements of codes
- Development of new advanced tools to address fire protection during construction
- Developing state-of-the art technical handbooks to aid expansion of existing and implementation of new structural systems in mid- and high-rise applications.
Contact us to find out how we can help you deliver a successful project.